Saturday, October 13, 2007

3 recipes from the weekend

Potato Casserole


you need:

1 bag frozen hashbrowns
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt
pepper

Mix all ingredients together, bake @ 350 for 45 minutes.


No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake

12 strawberries
12 oz softened cream cheese
2/3 cup sour cream
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 individual or 1 graham cracker crust

Coarsely chop 6 strawberries, place in food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Fill pie tins. Garnish with remaining strawberries.



Special Bananna Nut Bread

2/4 cup butter, softened
1 pack cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banannas (about 4 medium)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans, divided

Orange glaze:
1 cup confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons OJ
1 teaspoon grated orange peel

In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla; mix well. Combine four, baking powder, baking soda annd salt. Add to creamed mixture. Fold in 1 cup pecans. Transfer to two greased 8" X 4" X 2" loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350 for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.

3 comments:

MsJamie said...

I LOVE hashbrown casserole. I make mine with the chunky hashbrowns (thawed) and add a dash of tabasco. I'm making it in the crockpot tomorrow for a bosses day luncheon. I've never done that before but I think it should turn out good. And that way it won't need to be reheated. Sometimes I also top it with hormel bacon pieces too.

Okay now I'm hungry. LOL

I need to try that cheese cake too!

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

Mmmmm!!! that sounds good! I never thought of making it in the crockpot. Let me know how it goes! That would be awesome for all the teacher luncheons.

MsJamie said...

It turned out great! I looked around online and found other people doing it. I just made it as usual and dumped it in the crockpot and cooked it for about 3 hours on high. Perfect for pot luck! The only bad thing was it was all eaten and I didn't have any to bring home :(